/* Pinterest website claiming thingie */ /* That's it for the pinterest thingie */ Aberrant Ceramics: Flying Taco Sculpture

Pages





Aberrant Ceramics is the artwork of Aaron Nosheny, potter and ceramic artist based in Tucson, Arizona. Self-taught and neurodivergent, he has worked in stoneware clay since 2004. He makes non-traditional forms in a medium built on tradition, exploring the overlap between wonder and revulsion. Subject matter includes sympathetic monsters, insects, opossums, fast food mascots, and Halloween kitsch.

I am in love with my medium. I love the process of frantically birthing clay monstrosities, subjecting them to an epic trial by fire, and sending them out into the world.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Flying Taco Sculpture

3-D version of the flying taco mascot for my food porn blog Tacos of the Universe.  I was going to describe it as sculpted, but I'm not sure a folded clay tortilla counts as sculpture.  The stuff inside is probably seasoned crumbled tempeh.